Okay, after much deliberation and prayer, I have decided to share with you what I have dubbed the “Healthy Mind, Body, & Spirit Campaign: Spring 2008”.
This is my 8-week game plan:
- Prayer at least 15 minutes daily (or as lead by the Spirit). The best time is during the first portion of kids’ naptime.
- Meditation at least 15 minutes daily (or as lead by the Spirit). Again, the best time being during the first portion of kids’ naptime.
- Reading minimum 1 chapter per day from the Bible. I have started in Luke, will go to Acts, then through the rest of the New Testament.
- Absolutely no pop! 28g of sugar per can! That’s insane. There is no way that is good for me!
- 6 glasses or more of water each day.
- Salad or raw vegetables with lunch and dinner. I am good in the fruit department.
- Indulgent dessert once a week.
- 30 minutes of walking each day, rain, shine, hurricane, tornado. Get your butt out there.
- Interval running, 2-3 days per week. Starting with 1 minute running, 1 minute walking, each week adding a minute to running.
- Be able to do 10 FULL push-ups in a row by the end of the 8 weeks.
Meditation is a new discipline for me; I have never done it before. Interestingly enough, this Sunday’s class spoke a lot about meditation and Martin recommended a book to the whole class. So God is trying to guide me in it! Oh and I’ve been doing pushups like crazy! I really want to be able to do 10 pushups in a row, and I’ve also always wanted to be able to run. I am terrible at both but can already see myself improving!
Alright. Now you need to keep me accountable. I did well last week, but indulged twice in dessert because of a special occasion, and then broke my jogging/walking routine by going to Vancouver, as well as prayer/meditation/study.
Tomorrow I am getting back on track.