New Year’s Eva

Last year I jokingly made a resolution. I said it just to see Kerry & LaVonne’s reaction as we sat around their table playing cards.

I resolved that in 2006 I, Chelsey Roberts, would become a mother.

LaVonne said she liked that resolution. We all had a good laugh.

Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.” And she added, “Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age.” Genesis 21:5-7

I have always liked this passage and when I became pregnant I appreciated it even more. Now that Eva is here, the verse only gets better with greater understanding. I cannot describe God’s grace and sovereignty with words, but he has displayed these and so much more throughout my pregnancy, delivery, and in the life of Eva. I have spent the week laughing with joy.

It may have been a joke, but I guess God took me seriously. I am so thankful that He did.

16 thoughts on “New Year’s Eva

1. Hannah

Oh yay! I get to be the first to leave a comment! I want to come visit you sometime and see you and your baby. Oh and I’m done with the OC. New years resolution….No more OC. I just can’t watch anymore OC if Marisa is going to die.

2. Anonymous

Eva is beautiful!

Ev

3. carly

She’s really beautiful! VERY happy for you guys!! Can’t wait to meet her in person!

Happy New Year

Carly.

4. Jessie

she is beautiful.

5. Riinake

aww.. she is so beatifule like you are! Love you all! May 2007 be a great year!

6. Merlinhttp://www.xanga.com/Merlin86

Finally!!!
    I waited that day for a long time.
    She’s so pretty!!!Like an Angel, but I think you have hear that world already. Her name is very beautiful..oh your so blessed with her! Congratulation! Love you. And I send my hugs towards to you!
    Love you!

7. Nickie.M.

congratulations Chelsey and Peter. She is soo cute. So I saw the picture than I saw the name and to my surprise her name is Eva. That is my great grandmothers name and just last week I told my family that If I where to have a little girl I would call her Eva. Great minds think alike. Ireally want you to call me sometime when your not to busy. I have misplaced your number and would love to talk to you.

8. Liishttp://www.xanga.com/private/yourhome.aspx

Eva is so pretty!
    -Liis

9. Anonymous

Everybody is blessed when they have a child. I just cant beleive that God had things planned even when i didnt.Chels and Peter Eva is so darn cute i could literally just gobble her up with hugs and kisses. What a true true blesssing, and she is totally blessed to have you 2.
    Loves ya lots
    with love and prayer Bobbi xoxo

10. Anonymous

Peter, Chelsey & Eva,

She is soooooo amazing! What a precious Christmas gift! You made the perfect ending to a perfect day! Dad and I feel so blessed! God is amazing…can’t wait to watch her grow in the Lord! We know you will do a wonderful, God-directed job of raising our sweet granddaughter! We love you! Mom and Dad from Dauphin…see you in four days!

11. kelli

hmm, i don’t know what to say to express the emotions i’m feeling. she is so beautiful. i’m so happy for you both. and so proud of how much you guys have grown these last few years and where god has taken you. you are going to be the greatest parents. i can’t wait to see you all. i’m dying to phone you but i know you are crazy busy. so i guess i’ll have to wait a few weeks til i can see you in person. love you lots.

ps – was that pic of chels taken right after the birth? cuz if tv has taught me anything, its that the mother is supposed to be all sweaty and rough looking. not calm and beautiful.
    xo

12. Benjihttp://strakers.wordpress.com

Congrats guys….good job.
    We were wondering if you say her name as in (Eee Vah) or (Eh Vah). Mali’s middle name is Eva (Eh) too!
    Later.

13. Tim and/or Wyatt

Chels,
    Looks beautiful! So happy for you guys. Wish we could be there to see her. Can you send me your address and number so I can update you when baby arrives. Just two weeks to go.

Later
    Tara

14. Christine Clow

Wow what changes time brings!! I stumbled across your blog and am so excited for you to see the news of a beautiful baby girl! I’m sure she will bring much excitement to your life and many blessings as well. God bless.

15. Craig & Leah

New Mom and Dad,

Eva is beautiful! we’re so thankful for blogs since we are 2 of those friends you wouldn’t have been able to call anyway! Can’t wait to meet her someday and to watch her grow through pics on the internet! Love and miss you guys. You’re gonna do awesome at this parent-thing!

16. About Isaac’s Name | little cups of grace.

[…] & Sarah. Sarah said that God had given her laughter (Genesis 21:6) which has always been a favorite verse of mine. Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac and with great faith he was about to do so until the angel […]